Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Realignment

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

The Children of Israel had been in the desert for nearly 40 years, those who had doubted the Lord had died off, while those who believed and trusted the Lord survived and thrived, and now finally was the fulfillment: it was time to enter the Promised Land.
Joshua was faithful to do what God had spoken to him, but here I catch a glimpse of hesitation...not doubting God, but perhaps battling fear, fatigue, the whispers of naysayers that were gnawing at his confidence.
Here I see in my spirit the Lord of the Armies of Israel (Adonai Tva'ot), meeting and facing Joshua, the Lord Almighty looks into his eyes, places His hands on Joshua's shoulders and pronounces this verse over him:
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Likewise, I receive and believe this word over my life.
He has commanded me to be strong and courageous, jettisoning fear and discouragement.
He will be with me, wherever I go, wherever I am.
He promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment