Saturday, March 24, 2012

Forward

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13, 14

This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

I cannot change yesterday, the events of the day are behind me, but in front of me lies my destiny, a day that the Word tells me to rejoice in, even in moments of trials, when the Lord is stretching me, refining me, all for my ultimate good. I will trust Him; I am a middle aged lovesick-for-Jesus man, and throughout my decades He has never forsaken me or left me begging for bread.
Trials are to be considered opportunities for joy, as I persevere, strain forward, eyes of faith fixed on Him.
He is my defense and I shall not be moved, and I will not ever quit, until that finish line is crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment