Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fire

"There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up."
Exodus 3:2

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."
Psalm 119:105

"But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot."
Jer. 20:9

"They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them."
Acts2:3-4

Last month when we were at International House of Prayer's, ONE THING 2010 event, I was talking to one of the worship team guitarists, Seth Yates, who has the Hebrew word MORIAH embossed on his guitar strap, and we were talking about the Hebrew language, and I suddenly realized that the Lord had actually created the letters of the language to resemble tongues of fire!
Fire has many meanings in the Scriptures ... Power, purification & refining, glory, zeal, enlightenment, destruction,the Lord is an all consuming fire, the Holy Spirit is as fire, He burns with jealousy, the single usage Hebrew word SHALHEVET YAH,, appearing only once in the entire Bible which is enough, means to burn with unquenchable fire...(thanks Ron)...

Now imagine seeing the engine room of a steam ship from a century ago, like in the movies, when the door of the furnace is thrown open and coal is shoveled into it, where you can see the fire raging... Well, I am on fire. I feel as if I am burning inside, deep in my inner man, with His holy fire, Love is the fuel that has ignited this SHALHEVET YAH, it cannot be extinguished. My "cocoon of dullness" (the cares of this world, and the tarnish that had built up on me)that I was wrapped in, has been obliterated. This fire has "burned my bridges" - there is no going back...

There are two things that I ask of the Lord: that I may dwell in His fiery presence forever, and that He uses me to ignite others the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment