Sunday, January 2, 2011

Two Masters

"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
Luke 16:13

"Choose this day whom you will serve..."
Joshua 24:15

" 15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
 19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."
Deut.30:15-22

"Devoted to the one, and despising the other..." read the words of the Lord Yeshua, again in Luke 16:13. "Two masters simply doesn't work because there is no room in the heart for both. Whether it's adoring money, a person, things, or stuff, it doesnt matter- the other master is an idol and this will seize control. That's the way our Father Creator made us! He gives us the free will to decide who we will serve, but make no mistake ... Our hearts are made for Him and Him alone. The term "Master" denotes someone or something who is directing you, in control of you, much like a bit and bridle placed in the mouth of a horse.
Ex. 34:14-Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.. JEALOUS! Think about that...jealous for us, for relationship with us, to be involved with us, He wants us fully engaged with Him- The Lord is the only legitimate Master , and each of us, deep down, knows it.
If God currently is your Master, thank Him and hold fast, and if He is not, then it's time for the return of the King.
My prayer:
Lord, I desire to have you and you alone as my Master and Lord. I renounce all others, and I commit to being your bondservant. Brand me with your seal, and rivet your yoke on me. I forsake all other lovers, and embrace you, the Lover of my soul. I am ruined, and nothing I desire compares to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment