Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Thing I Desire

"      4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first." Rev.2:4a

“May he kiss me with the kisses of his Word!
For your love is better than wine.
Song of Solomon 1:2

 "4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Cor 13:4-7

"You shall love the Lord God with all your heart, soul, mind, & strength ..."
Deut. 6

When people are head over heels in love, the lover is obsessed with the beloved. Their minds are constantly thinking of how they can please the other, longing to be together, to embrace and feel the beloved's heart beating, locking gazes ... They are lovesick ... all other activities, objects, etc., are also-rans, distractions from where the lover longs to be... this is me. Since receiving such revelation about God's awesome & real love, and returning to my first love, I have been ruined to lesser things, lesser loves, activities that would divert me from locking gazes and embraces with my Bridegroom King Father God. His love is better than wine; it protects, trusts, hopes, nurtures, perseveres, and much more. When Isaiah saw the Glory of the Lord, he said that he was ruined- my spirit resonates the same .
How is your " love life"? I pray that you would be likewise ruined!
His Love is better than wine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment