Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Relentless Shepherd

"   12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish."
Matthew 18:2-4

"Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"?"
Isaiah 40:27

Today the Lord has brought to my mind all of the believers I have known through the years, who have wandered off. Tares have crept in, hope and faith demolished by a variety of things, they have gotten lured away by "glittery" idols, others lovers (money, careers, people, addictions,etc). My heart and my spirit aches for them as I pray, but I know that God sees them, He knows them, that He is jealous for them and He loves them , "like a hurricane", and He pursues and shakes us. Sometimes He whispers and puts his gentle arms around us, but sometimes He shouts in our faces and shakes us like rag dolls. He is pulling us back from the precipice - while there is time ...
If those who are "away from home" search their hearts and souls, deep inside, the magnetic draw that is divine and pure Love is undeniable, but perhaps blocked by anger, rage, misunderstandings, offenses, pride, lust, feelings of unworthiness, jealousy, unforgiveness. I know. I was there, stuck in the thistles, until my Good Shepherd, came and pulled me out.
If you are reading this today, right now, it's no coincidence, no accident. Your ways are not hidden from God, you are not forgotten...He loves you with an everlasting love, you are famous in heaven, and you cannot outrun Him.
It's time to surrender, He is relentless, and you will never have the peace that you so desperately crave until you are locked in His embrace again.
Come home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment