Friday, December 23, 2011

On My Knees

Oh holy night!
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear Savior's birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
From Oh Holy Night

"Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying:
“Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come.” Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty‑four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.” "
Revelation 4:8-11


Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices...

These words evoke in my spirit the scene in Rev.4:8, so powerfully that I am breathless, so holy the events unfolding endlessly before His throne. We are created by Him, through Him, and for Him, and our lives are wrapped up in Jesus, in Him alone, whether we currently realize it or not. We were created to abide together, not apart.

I was worthless and hopeless, but then He came down to me, as light streaming into through a cracked pot, illuminating and chasing away darkness. I am a prodigal restored by a Father who has granted me newness of life, he gives me strength in my weakness, calms my sometimes stormy spirit, and loves me furiously and ceaselessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment