Sunday, November 20, 2011

Difficulties and Promises

He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3

Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Matt 5:4
Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Jesus said; I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me. He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms, and carry them in his bosom.
John 10:14; Isa. 40:11

I am the Resurrection and the Life; he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live, and whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.
John 11:25, 26

Let not you hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go and prepare a place for you? And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
John 14:1-3

Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24

When the winds of adversity blow, and we are being buffeted, we must go to the promises we have in the Word of God. We must remember that God's Word is true, He is the Rock, our Father, our greatest Lover. In studying the Scriptures, we are aware that suffering, and bearing our own crosses is part of life as disciples. We are advised in the Scriptures that we should not be surprised when these things come, and it is leaning on our Father/Bridegroom, as the pruning and refining comes that makes us strong, and able to finish the race, receiving the crown, and hearing the Lord tell us: Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment