Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New Perspective

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. "
Hebrews 12:2, 3

My daughter has a peculiar habit when she wants something from me.
She comes right up to me, really closely, facing me, and she stares up at me, concentrating her gaze, and she doesn't move. If I turn, she turns, she remains in front of me, her eyes fixed on me, until I hear her request and respond...
As she did this maneuver just last night, this well known scripture dropped into my inner man, and it was a different perspective, rhema, than my usual understanding of Hebrews 12:2, which was previously just to focus on Jesus, like a runner focuses on the goal or finish line.
But this was different. It reminded me how desperately I need my Father, how weak I am, and just how strong He is, and how He loves me. Every pair of trousers I have should be tattered where my knees are, in my my spirit I feel so unworthy of such extravagant attention and love...all I can do as I catch my breath is say, "Thank You, Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment