Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rescued

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Psalm 40:1-3

Do you know the kind of day where you feel depressed, oppressed, downtrodden, poor in spirit?
Well, this morning was one of those days for me. It was almost as if I was trapped in quicksand, unable to get underway.
Since nothing else was happening, I decided to do exactly what the Psamist writes here.
To wait for Him, looking up for Him, with my arms stretched to Him, just like a little child reaches upwards for their father to pick them up.
The Lord is the One who pulls us out of our situational, spiritual, financial, and every other type of quicksand. The rock He sets us on is the Rock...Himself, standing me on His lap just like I did as a father with my children.
I am weak, and in me there is no good thing. But I know my Father's strength, and the inverse heavenly principles that are at work. I know that ultimately my life, along with all my cares, concerns, and challenges are hidden in Him.
He is my hiding place.

No comments:

Post a Comment