Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks(Worthy)

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

"I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:2, 5, 7-9, 11

“I the Lord do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. "
Malachi 3:6

Our true happiness is totally wrapped up in the Lord Jesus. Circumstances change, fortunes, health, and everything else in this life is dynamic and will change, except for Him! His lovingkindness endures forever, and He does not change.
Unshakeable, unchangeable, rock steady.
The "pursuit of happiness" our founding fathers envisioned and what the Puritans and Pilgrims, who desired to serve the Lord wholeheartedly and passionately, endured such trials for was the privilege of being able to seek the Lord freely with all their hearts ..."in His presence is fullness of joy".
Only Jesus can ever truly satisfy.
Let's be thankful today, looking up and giving thanks to our Father/Bridegroom/King.
He is More than worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment