Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Divider 305

“I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother‑in‑law against daughter‑in‑law and daughter‑in‑law against mother‑in‑law.”
Luke 12:49-53

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double‑edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."
Hebrews 4:12, 13

When I was an atheist, the limited knowledge of the concept of Jesus and Christianity disturbed me deeply. Before my salvation experience, I was irked and annoyed by Him, even then my very thoughts were being divided within my spirit. My salvation divided me out from an unbelieving world, from an eternal damnation in a fiery hell into the glorious majestic Kingdom of God.
There is a saying that goes something like this: "avoid discussions involving politics and religion especially with family if you want to avoid fights and division." reread the very words of the Master in Luke 12! If you were raised in an unbelieving family, do you remember the reaction to your salvation, and what happened when you happily announced it to unbelievers, the reality of Jesus was thrust onto the scene, into your family and social life?
Jesus will cause instant consternation and division, overturning tables, bringing about a similar reaction as when Jesus confronted the raging demoniac possessed by legions of demons, or other demon possessed people, all "hell" breaking loose.
Jesus came to divide light from darkness, the spirit from the flesh, good from evil, belief from unbelief, sanctification means to be set apart-we are set apart for His purposes and good pleasure-we are to be divided from worldly and fleshly things.
We are no longer of this world, having become sojourners, strangers in a strange land.
When division and upheaval comes because of Jesus, joyfully embrace it (James 1), pray as the dust is swirling, He is at work, ruining old paradigms, dividing and trashing idols, fear, shame, unforgiveness, and all manner of sins, when everything settles, unity that comes through Jesus will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment