Sunday, February 12, 2012

Too Many To Count 303

"Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare."
Psalm 40:5

"So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge–that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:17-19

Last night as I slept the Lord was speaking to me, reminding me of His faithfulness,
recounting His goodness to me.
So many are the wonders He has done for us, so many blessings, deliverance coming often at 11:59:59, beyond hope or expectations:
Providing my life partner, the spouse that is perfect for me, at a time I was not even looking for a mate,
Successful pregnancies, and beautiful children after a series of miscarriages and broken hearts,
Prodigal children who come home, falling in love with Jesus,
Serious diseases and illnesses healed against all the doctor's prognoses,
Finances miraculously provided, times and time again, when there was no prospect shortly before,
Protection from traffic accidents that damaged and destroyed other vehicles,
homes spared from hurricanes and tornados,
Restoring brokenness and dysfunction, and using us for His divine purposes,
And so many more...
Our Redeemer lives, and the plans He has for us are great ones.
Let us draw near to Him joyfully with thanksgiving, praising Him, dispelling fear, worry, doubt...his love for us deeper, wider, higher, and longer than we can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment