Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Figuring It Out 237

"I'm so alone.": Headline cover quote of Kim Kardashian, Life Style Magazine.

I’ve been chasin’ the wind
Trying hard to win
A race I was never meant to run
Seeking for selfish gain
All the while using Your name
As a stool to stand upon
To hear mine proclaimed
"So many wasted days I’ve spent living for the dream
Seeking a life of comfort no matter what the means 
So many wasted days I’ve spent living for the dream
Until I finally realized that life isn’t what it seems
I finally got it figured out, true happiness can only be given by You
Jesus, most joyful man I finally got it figured out, my goal, sole purpose
Is to be loved by You and to love You in return
All that was to my gain 
I count it now as loss
For the sake of knowing You, Jesus, I forget what lies behind
I press on to win the prize  there is so much more of You, that I have to know
There is so much more of me, that’s left to give"

"Chasing, by Justin Rizzo

We live in a culture where success is measured in dollars, the posh and luxurious life. As I was at the grocery store yesterday I saw the headline above: Kim Kardashian's sad statement about being all alone. Here is a young woman with material success, fame, posh living, but she is hounded by emptiness, sadness, loneliness. I hear it and see it over and over again: the pinnacle of fame and wealth is attained, the ability to acquire every material thing along with it.
But from the depths of their souls this question is shouted:
"IS THAT ALL THERE IS?"
Beloved, the only Way to true happiness is found in Jesus,
salvation is found in no other name under the heavens or on this earth.
Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
We live for one purpose: To love....To love the Lord our God with everything we are-all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to be loved by Him, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
To know our Heavenly Father/Master/Bridegroom is to love him, and to love Him, is to embrace His commandments, His word, and be led by the Holy Spirit, not our fleshly religious spirits.
To know God as revealed through His Holy Spirit and His Word, to walk with Him and hear His voice, and have the blessed assurance of eternity with Him when this life is over is the greatest treasure. Everything else is like garbage, worthless by comparison.
Lay up treasures in heaven which cannot rust, decay, or be stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment