Thursday, August 4, 2011

Light Afflictions

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?"
Romans 8:35

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28


Yesterday as I was walking through the lobby of the Marriott in Kansas City with my morning coffee and preparing to check out, I overheard a woman telling staff that her van, and a number of others in the parking lot had been broken into. I set down the coffee and quickly made my way to our vehicle and as I came around the driver's side my heart sank as I saw the window had been shattered, the contents of the glove compartment strewn about, my needed GPS gone, and the possibility of rain escalating from previous scorching hot days there. I was angry, really hopping mad, and wished I could've gotten my hands on the thief! How dare he/they do that to our vehicle? I felt violated and trespassed on.
But I heard the answers welling within me, as the Lord began showing me things, speaking into me. Above are the scriptures that resonated in me, and I took a deep breath, and I said "Thank you, Lord! It could have been so very much worse.
Within 2 hours we had a new window, even though the first few folks I talked to told me that I would not find glass till the next day. My auto insurance company is reimbursing us, including the GPS that was stolen (we got a bigger, better, brand new one), additionally we had a divine appointment with a family that we would not have otherwise met ... There are no coincidences, in the Lord's timing, He is perfect.
Now this was a very light and momentary affliction, but in life there are other trials and situations that are difficult, but the principles are the same... cast our cares on Him, these things produce the eternal weight of Glory, perseverance and endurance that we must attain to blossoms and thrives when fertilized in the fields of trials and hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment