Monday, August 1, 2011

Enduring Love/ Refuge

 1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
   his love endures forever.
 2 Let Israel say:
   “His love endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron say:
   “His love endures forever.”
4 Let those who fear the LORD say:
   “His love endures forever.”
 5 When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD;
   he brought me into a spacious place.
6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me?
7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
   I look in triumph on my enemies.
 8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
   than to trust in humans.
9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
   than to trust in princes.
16 The LORD’s right hand is lifted high;
   the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!”
17 I will not die but live,
   and will proclaim what the LORD has done.
18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
   but he has not given me over to death.
19 Open for me the gates of the righteous;
   I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.
20 This is the gate of the LORD
   through which the righteous may enter.
21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
   you have become my salvation.
Psalm 118:1-9, 16-21

The Lord is my Light and My Salvation,
Whom shall I fear?
Psalm 27:1


I take refuge in the Lord, in Him alone I will trust. There is no security, no hope, no trust in governments, men, institutions, armies, money, doctors, fortresses, presidents, investments, no! Sooner or later everything will come tumbling down like the fortified walls of Jericho. The world we live in today is like a fragile house of cards teetering on the brink of disaster..but the Lord alone is my Light and my Salvation.... Refuge and shelter, He "stacks the decks", overcoming insurmountable odds that exist only so that His Glory and lovingkindness shine through, undeniable and irrefutable. Fear and doubt flee as the revelation of the knowledge of the God we serve washes over us.
He is right by our side, we are never alone.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving, beloved, do not fear even as you walk through the valley...the Lord, He is God, and He does mighty things for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment