Friday, August 5, 2011

Managing Expectations

 " Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God."
Psalm 42:5,11

In the past I have found in my life that there was a direct correlation between my nebulous concept of "happiness" and my "expectations" being realized...of course, this also means that there was a direct correlation between unhappiness and unmet, unrealised expectations, and the term "downcast soul" used here by the Psalmist is a great description.
Expectations and desires can be, and often are, driven by the flesh, with very little thought as to what our Father's will might be for a given situation, and the truth is that I still often battle impulsive, flesh driven choices, when I should slow down, and really seek Him.
After all, He is omniscient, omnipotent, and the best part of all is that He loves us furiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment