Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Between The Rock and A Hard Place

"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “ He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.” For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
Psalm 91:1, 2, 11, 15

The Lord is my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:2, 3

But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."
1Cor.2:9

Do you know that old saying, "Between a rock and a hard place"?
I was discussing current trials in my life with a friend yesterday, and as I said the words- "between a rock and a hard place"- I heard the spirit say to me, " No, you are between THE ROCK and a hard place!"
It's no coincidence that so much of the environment the children of Israel (and other people of the Bible) went through was rocky, wilderness, desert. Real world for them, awesome allegorical examples for us. When facing a situation where we are between the Rock and a hard place, at the risk of being repetitive in my writing- we must go the the Rock, the only place to go...our deliverer, salvation, my strength, refuge, fortress, shield and buckler, our Hiding Place, Shelter...giving His angels charge over us, bearing us up...holding us up!
Today I'm going to choose the Rock; when I have questions but no answers, when I am weak, hungry, tired, thirsty ... I'm coming in from the wilderness, leaning on my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment