Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who's Right?/ Decisions 249

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good."
Psalm 14:1, Psalm 53:1

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."
Proverbs 14:2

I was talking with a colleague who was having an exchange on Facebook with a fellow who professed to be an atheist. The atheist posted a number of scriptures from Deuteronomy, where the Lord instructed the Children of Israel to kill their enemies, pagans, unbelievers, etc. He used the arguement that asked the question- "what kind of a God would direct his followers to kill others because they were different? what about diversity, what makes this god the right god, and what about when bad things happen to innocents, where is God? If He loves us why are these things allowed to happen, why does evil flourish on the earth?
I don't know everything, but this I do know. I am just a man, but God...He is God, and I know He exists for many reasons. Take a look around here...look under a microscope, or through a telescope...as Paul states -For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. To that athiest I would say I know his struggles, because I was also an athiest. I thought I was enlightened, but I knew nothing. I walked in darkness and utter hopelessness, clothed in a facade of academia. But there came a day when all that changed, when after exhausting every other path to futility I surrendered to Him. I know my Redeemer lives. I trust Him because I see Him everywhere. The blood of His only begotten Son has rescued me. Only the Holy Spirit and resurrection power can change a dark heart of stone into a heart of flesh. I have questions still, but until I see my Beloved face to face I always will, and then I will know fully, because His Holy Word tells me I will, and so will you.
His ways are not our ways, nor our thoughts His...and that is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment