Monday, August 8, 2011

My Weaknesses

"For You are faithful, Oh God...
You never change
You are faithful God
My confidence is in your faithfulness,
Not in my own faithfulness
My confidence is in You, God
So here I am, Lord,
In my weakness here I am, and
I throw myself on your faithfulness, and
I ask you God,
To bring me to the end
Carry me with your faithfulness...

-Prelude, Misty Edwards

"Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith without wavering;(for He who promised is faithful)"
Hebrews 10:23

This morning, a Monday, awakening after a semi-sleepless night, and burdened with a number of big events looming that will affect my immediate circumstances and long term future, I was feeling helpless, uncertain, and weak. That's the truth. So I did the most important thing I could do: I pulled out our secret weapon and began to pray, and as I put on worship music, the Lord brought me exactly what I needed to hear, as my Father reaffirmed what I already knew, as He has so many times before: "do not fear, behold I am with you even to the end of the age, He who is faithful will complete what He has begun..."
He has a great plan for us, it will be a wild ride, but it will be full of Him and the evidence of His goodness will be undeniable and everywhere.
I take no confidence in the flesh, and even less in my own faithfulness, but as I throw
myself headlong at his faithfulness I am comforted, reassured, emboldened...strengthened.
Wherever you are today, whatever is in front of you, throw yourself at His faithfulness...
He is faithful and His lovingkindness endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment