Sunday, April 3, 2011

Getting Together

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Hebrew 10:25

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place."
Acts 2:1

"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2

They overcame by the word of their testimony and the Blood of the Lamb"
Rev. 12:11

"Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"
Luke 4:8

"See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess."
Deut.30:15-16


Have you ever heard these statements- or maybe even said them?:

A) " I'm so tired today, I never get to do what I want Sunday morning, I think I will go to brunch and hang out instead of church" ...

B) "I don't think I need to go to church to worship God because God is everywhere, so I can worship Him anywhere."


There are many others, and I'm sure that I have used them all! Having used them, I can admit the obvious: I knew that I was wrong, and disobedient, I knew I belonged in church, in fellowship, but I was being self indulgent, and giving into the flesh, and once I started missing it became easier because I wasn't feeding my soul...
Beloved, the scriptures encourage believers to assemble to worship Him, bearing each other's burdens, sharing each other's testimonies which also strengthen the body of believers (the Church), prophesying for the edification of our brothers and sisters, there is strength in numbers, how good it is for brothers to dwell together ... but, when a person is out of fellowship, the probability is that they are also not hearing the Word, and therefore prone to have their faith shipwrecked (Faith comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God). Without fellowship the Christian is weakened.
In nature predators do not attack herds, where the numbers are strong and all members are operating for the good of each other, nurturing, feeding, and protecting one another, no, they go after the strays, the wayward, weakened ones, and quickly overcome and devour.
God gives us the gift of free will, and He will not drag us kicking and screaming to anything, but there will be consequences for our decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment