Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trials, Joy, Strength

   33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
Psalm 28:7

Today another giant squared off in front of my wife and I; a certified letter from the landlord of a failed attempted business, making demands for a huge sum of money which there is no hope (in the natural) of resolving. Another giant, another trial. What should we do, how should we respond? As we talked and prayed, the scriptures and the Holy Spirit provided the answers ...Jesus told us, braced us for the truth- in this life we will have trials and troubles. But he has told us to TAKE HEART, He has overcome the world, overcome our circumstances, financial problems, health issues, given us joy unspeakable. The kind of joy that is what the Word calls the JOY OF THE LORD, that makes it possible to keep going, that strengthens us, not becoming miserable, depressed, or embittered.
This giant will fall. I don't know how, and that's not my concern or worry. My heart trusts in the Lord, and I am helped, in this trial and all that this life brings, be it trouble, tribulation, or victory. I will praise Him and continue to keep on thanking my Conqueror.

No comments:

Post a Comment