Monday, April 4, 2011

Jesus 101

Jesus did many amazing things during His ministry including:
made the blind see,
the lame walk,
the deaf hear,
lepers were made clean,
The dead revived to life

As I thought about these miracles, the Holy Spirit was showing me how many more miracles Jesus is doing even now-in our our lives, we were blinded, stumbling, deaf, unclean and filthy, and even dead spiritually in our sinful lives. But Jesus ! He opens the eyes of our hearts, clears the paths in front of us so we can walk uprightly, cleans the junk from our ears that makes it hard to hear the Voice of the Beloved, cleans and heals, and makes us alive, even when we were dead. All spiritual reflections of physical examples- as the Lord often uses the Word to illuminate such things.
Now, I know that these principles are basic "Jesus 101" but for me these are not days of fancy theological exegesis, but a time for getting back to the basics: who we are, what our gifts and callings are, His purposes for my life, having the revelation of the knowledge of God. I want only to know God and His ways, and be known by Him. I know that I can weather the storms of life as He strengthens me when I am able to see, walk, hear, run the Race ... I live because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment