Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Paradigms 307

The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One.”
The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
There was a written notice above him, which read:
This is the King of the Jews."
Luke 23:35-38

"Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you.”
He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here."
Matthew 12:38-41

"And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”
Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”
And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”
Exodus 33:17-23

There is a tremendous difference in paradigms between the mind of a natural person and the mind of someone who has been born again. The natural mind, as shown in Luke 23, and Matthew 12, demands that God show Himself first, and then they will believe, but the renewed born again mind has believed without seeing God with their eyes, but with their hearts. Juxtapose the natural man with Moses, who hungered and thirsted for God. Moses already believed and did not need to see the Lord as proof of Divine Existence, but Moses desired to see- as in experience- the Glory of the Lord. As the Lord swept Moses up and hid him in a mountainous cleft, Moses was allowed to see His back...all that he could handle.
The difference is that our Father will chose to reveal Himself to those who already know Him, but want more..."blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled..." He desires a lovesick and desperately devoted bride whose senses and heart are attuned only to the Bridegroom...a Bride who is existing in one of two states of being: either in the Presence of the Lord, or desperately desiring to be in His Presence.
Are you desiring to meet with Him, abide with Him, be awash is His Glory, have His presence billow over you, or do you just want Him to show up as proof He exists?

No comments:

Post a Comment