Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Companions/Partners

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?”
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:5-8

"I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
Luke 24:49

When I lived in Jerusalem and worked at Bridges For Peace, I had the pleasure of working with a fellow from Colorado named David. He worked on the home renovations projects BFP undertook to bless the poor and elderly in Jerusalem. Whenever he referred to himself he used the personal pronoun "WE". After a few days of hearing this I asked him the question," Why do you say WE? Who are you talking about?" He looked at me and said, "well, me and JESUS, of course!"
How right, and how wise David's proclamation was! It's us and Jesus! Everywhere, all the time, without fail...He told us that He would never ( and that means NEVER!) leave us or forsake us!
Never. Additionally He said that He was sending the Holy Spirit, to help us, our helper, the parakletos, called alongside, slipping into His light and easy yoke right next to us, as we seek Him, walking, imitating our Savior.
Today, remember that you are never alone, and that your struggles and concerns are not hidden from the Lord.
He promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment