Saturday, October 1, 2011

Resembling My Father 241

"You became imitators of us and of the Lord..."
1 Thess.1:6a

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
Ephesians 5:1-2

I have an old photo of my father in his US Navy uniform, circa 1944.
When people see it, theydo a double take-glancing at me, then back at the picture.
Some ask if the photo is me, others simply pronounce, "This must be your father"
My immediate response is usually, "The older I get, the more I look like my father."
October 22 is the date of my dad's passing, and as we are now in the month of October,
I reflected on this, the Lord revealed to me an important truth:
As we mature, we should desire to be ever more imitating of our Father. 
When people see us, they will see a reflection of Him.
 In the Spirit part of our spiritual DNA is to possess the "mind of Christ".
Today, meditate on this truth; my prayer today is that our desire would be to ever-increasingly look like our heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment