Sunday, October 23, 2011

Seeing

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. "
Isaiah 6:1

"...everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”
Isaiah 43:7

I was in church this morning during worship, and I was honestly so tired, irritable, and preoccupied that I was having a hard time entering in and focusing on the Lord. As the worship team started playing the song, "I'm Desperate For You", the Holy Spirit fell. I was breathless as He came down, sweeping away the stuff so I could behold Him, the Glory of the Lord overtaking me. His word to me: "Seek my face... follow Me alone...forsake everything else, except Me, keep me first in everything about your life...
I wanted only to be in His presence, and everything else faded in importance.
You see, I know all these things, but unless I am actively seeking the Lord, if I stop moving forward however briefly, if I stand still, I find that I do not remain in the same spiritual place, but slide backwards, sink downwards....so there is no option but to keep running, moving forward.
Remember today that we are made for Him alone, our temples perfectly made to hold His glory.
Behold Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment