Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why Wait? 254

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Phil.4:6-7

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
James 5:16

"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,"
Eph.6:18

Recently a sister shared with me how her doctor last week told her that she would never be able to sing again as a result of a surgery. I started to say to her, "I will keep you in my prayers", but then I heard the Lord tell me, "PRAY FOR HER RIGHT NOW!" guess what? I know she will sing again, because I know the power of my Father, and I know that He is in the business of making all things new and possible! I have been feeling this prompting towards immediate prayer quite a lot lately, actually. It is excellent to add a need etc., to our prayer list, but why even wait? The Lord creates situations where both need and opportunity converge, and we need not wait. What is required for prayer to be effective is to DO IT...there is awesome power in prayer, the Word goes forth and does not return void. What I don't want to do is have another prayer request become like leftovers in the fridge...good intentions that are left on the shelf that grow stale and are never acted on.
So as need and opportunity converge (and they will- constantly), act immediately,
no more waiting to pray.
Beloved, touch someone, place every need on the altar right now...much will be accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment