Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coming Through/Do Not Fear

So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, 27 and the satraps, prefects, governors and royal advisers crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them.
Daniel 3:26b-27

These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 1:7

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Joshua 1:9

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psalm 34:4-8

As I reread Daniel 3 today, the Lord showed me how the faithful three not only survived the fiery furnace, but didn't even have the smell of smoke on them! They trusted their God, who was more than able to take them through, and if He took them through such trials, He will also take us through ours. Sickness, persecution, unemployment and financial needs, death of those we love, temptation, discouragement...these trials that will surely come will produce perseverance and endurance. We need only to trust in our Hiding Place...the One who is more than able to deliver!
Beloved, believe today, and do not doubt or be double-minded....abide in Him, and be confident in His love for you...the Lord would say to you today: Cease from striving, remain in the shadow of the Almighty.
He is mighty to save and deliver, and He keeps His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment