Friday, June 3, 2011

Coming Out

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. "
1 Peter 3:15-16

"Thy Word is A lamp for my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."
Romans 1:16

For most of my Christian life, I lived as a "secret agent". If I was not acting the same as the unbelievers, I kept my faith to myself, at times I confess that I was even embarrassed...not exactly letting my light shine. It took a life altering encounter face to face with the "burning bush" that my Lord placed before me. It was this revelation and His love billowing over me so powerfully that has transformed me so much that I cannot stop talking about Him, that the food and drink I hunger for is His Word and the continual presence of the Holy Spirit. I am not ashamed, and I ask the Lord that those He places in my path would not see me, but only see Him in me, and that He will give me the words needed, as that rhema word that comes at the exact moment of need for that person.
Do not be ashamed, beloved, do not be ashamed. Today ask your Abba for both the opportunities, and the words, as you let that light shine through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment