Sunday, June 5, 2011

Church Life/ Being In His Presence

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked."
Psalm 84:10

" As the deer pants for streams of water,
   so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
   When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
   day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
   “Where is your God?”
4 These things I remember
   as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
   under the protection of the Mighty One[d]
with shouts of joy and praise
   among the festive throng."
Psalm 42:1-4

‘I must arise now and go about the city;
In the streets and in the squares
I must seek him whom my soul loves.’
I sought him but did not find him.
Song of Solomon 3:2

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!"
Psalm 100:4

When I'm busy with daily life, doing business, etc., I feel a longing deep down inside to be in His inner courts, to be with the Bridegroom. I miss Him during those times and I miss being in that special place- in His courts and in His presence. I have opportunity in the marketplace to share the Lord and let the light shine, but it's not the same as being in His Courts. There is simply no substitute, only He can satisfy, and that time at church is time to do what we are created for: worship, and to be recharged, realigned, renewed. Many are driven to attend church out of duty and obligation, their thoughts even before they are in the building are about how fast they can get out of there, thinking about other Sunday activities, sports etc., what's happening afterwards-and can miss the blessing of resting and soaking in His presence.
Beloved, enter His gates, be thankful, enjoy his presence, only He can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment