Friday, July 15, 2011

Jesus Freak

 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
   45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."
Matthew 13:44-45

"But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."
Phil.3:7-9

"He went away and sold eveything he had, and bought that field... "It's all worth it, both in this life and the eternal life to come. The Pearl, the treasure of inestimable value, is, of course, Jesus. Philippians 3:7-9, is embedded in my spirit... Nothing I desire compares to knowing Jesus, Lord and Master of my life. He is quite simply, my All in All, He's worth it all...the Fountainhead. Some may say I'm overboard, the pragmatic viewpoint being " everything in moderation is good", I flatly disagree. Perhaps some who know me now versus even one year ago consider me a Jesus freak, or a fool. I agree- and gladly accept the label, "Jesus freak" or "fool for Christ". If it was good enough for Paul, Peter, James, John, then it's good enough for me. So please do call me a Jesus freak. To count everything else as garbage is a privilege, my price, small, the value proposition in favor of knowing and having Jesus, huge.
I am a Jesus freak.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment