Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Heaven Minded/Hungering and Thirsting 244

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4

"As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
2My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?"
Psalm 42:1-2

These days, I find myself in one of two places; either I am in His courts, wading in the River of the Spirit of God, the inner secret place with my King, on my face hearing the voices of myriad seraphim and angels, or I am hungering and thirsting to be there, desperately desiring, seeking Him. Moving through this world I feel as if I get dusted with the junk of this world, like a man trudging through desert dunes, but then as I crest a really big dune, there it is, the oasis I have desperately been looking for.
There is simply nothing I desire that can compare to Him, no place I'd rather be, I hear His voice calling to me: "Seek my Face". I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine, and the greatest revelation of my life, the reason why I exist, is to worship the Lord, my Lord, the Lover of my Soul, Father/Bridegroom/Master... and the reality that He is there waiting for me, to commune with me, as He walked with Adam in Eden. He is not my Sunday timeout, a sideline, the last line on a Facebook or twitter profile. He is my everything, my identity is totally in Him. Everyday that passes in this life is one day closer to spending eternity uninterrupted in His presence.
Beloved, today if you are in His courts, rejoice, and if you're not, find that quiet time and place, crest that dune and go to that oasis.
In His Presence there is fullness of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment