Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Psalm 23, Expanded

Psalm 23
    A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, He is my Guide, my compass, if I listen closely I can hear His voice directing me
I shall not want. He gives me all that I need, and more, even when I am undeserving and unexpecting
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; bringing me to a place where my body, mind, and spirit, can find rest when I an totally spent and exhausted from trials and toils of this life
He leads me beside quiet waters where I can be healed like the sick at the pool of Siloam, His love washes over me and I am refreshed
3 He restores my soul; deep calls unto deep, and I cry out to my Abba and He answers me
He guides me in the paths of righteousness, as I seek His face and his will for my life and not my own
For His name’s sake. I belong to Him and His seal is on me: "Holy to the Lord"
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You are my Sun and shield, what can man do to me? The battle is yours, Lord, I trust in you alone; so shall I be delivered from my trials
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; even as my adversaries watch, you satisfy as only you are able
You have anointed my head with oil; you renew, strengthen, and heal me
My cup overflows and in you I have abundant life
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, as I take shelter and hide myself in you ... Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment