Sunday, July 17, 2011

Apprehended

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
Phil.3:12

"My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek."
Psalm 27:8

 "1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
   so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. "
Psalm 42:1-2a

Recently I heard, and identified with, the testimony of a good friend who talked about being apprehended by the Lord...it is a term that means to be caught, to be seized, grabbed, gotten hold of. I, too, have been apprehended by Him ... He has pursued me, grabbed hold of me, shaken me down, embraced me. Now apprehended I find that there is new meaning to his words, "Seek my face" ... It's no longer like playing hide and seek, chasing something elusive, no, He is right there with me, "his left hand is behind my head, and his right arm embraces me."
It is all the pieces of the puzzle coming together, the answer to the question of why I exist...to worship Him, to return His amazing love, to dwell in His courts. There is nothing that can bring real satisfaction or fulfillment besides Him... No career, no amount of wealth, no other person, nothing. Only Jesus can satisfy that deep down longing in the heart.
So i want to ask you : Have you been apprehended, grabbed hold of, shaken down, has the Lord grabbed you, have you answered the call of your heart?
Grab hold of Jesus, apprehend Him who wants to apprehend you today...only He can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment