Monday, September 26, 2011

Dying and Living/Who's The Boss??

"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."
John 12:24

" I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."
Galatians 2:20a

 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body
Galatians 2:19-20

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other..."
Matthew 6:24a

These scriptures are so familiar to me, so life changing, and yet I have a confession to make: There is a struggle that has continued in me-
Who will occupy my body, who's the boss?
Jesus has crucified my sin at Calvary/Golgotha for me, but the issue of self vs. spirit... this struggle of sowing in the Spirit or sowing in the flesh ... as long as I hold onto my self nature and self-will even by a thread, I am not fully surrendered to God's will, and when I tug on that thread my self will pop out of the grave, and this is something I do not want to be resurrected!
I'm currently reading the biographical  REES HOWELLS: INTERCESSOR, Rees is confronted by the Holy Spirit. He is saved, and he has pledged his life to God ( we have been bought, ransomed back, at the highest price, have we not?), his sin had been dealt with, but his self  was another story! He was presented an ultimatum by the Holy Spirit, who is a real person, just the same as the Lord God and the Lord Jesus are, who desires/requires residence in our bodies- which are the Temple of the Holy Spirit! There's a catch though- just as God is a jealous God, the Holy Spirit will not co-habitate with any thing else in this temple, Which includes our selves. We have a picture of how the physical temples in Jerusalem were constructed,  where purity and holiness were essential. The Spirit of the Lord would not occupy unless the place, the Holy of Holies, had been prepared for Him.
Jesus said that "no man can serve two masters", and this applies not only to God and mammon, but God and anything else, including, especially our selves, and all that means.
There's a funeral today-mine-maybe not my physical body, but the soulish, selfish nature that is so hard to kill. There's another rebirth, too, and a house warming party, as I has evict my self, and give the keys to this temple to the only rightful owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment