Monday, September 5, 2011

Contenders/Reflections of a Father

 3 Children are a heritage from the LORD,
   offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
   are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
   whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
   when they contend with their opponents in court.
Psalm 127:3-5

My daughter is 18 years old today. As I look at her, no longer a child but a godly young woman, my mind is flooded with so many thoughts and emotions: It seems like only yesterday that she was being born, delivered by a Holocaust survivor midwife, a kind Dutch Jewish lady named Sophie, at the only pro-life hospital in Jerusalem, Israel...my wife and I were recounting events in her life last night...parenting, like life, is full of ups and downs, but in this summer of this momentous year, my daughter has become a contender. She has been ruined by a love like no other, the love of our Savior, she has picked up the mantle of her giftings and is moving forward! We are seeing prayers answered, and prophesy over her coming to pass before our eyes. This morning I had a vision of her, clothed in shining armor, and supernatural strength, as a warrior, the things of the world that entrap so many lying broken behind her, in one hand she held a harp, and in the other, a shining sword. She is joining an army of this generation that is arising, an army of young people who want more than the lies and broken empty promises of this culture, contenders for the Kingdom of God.
I would like to say that I love her the most, or that I am her biggest fan, but this is not correct. She is loved far more extravagantly, far more furiously, by her heavenly Father than I could ever hope to, and He is her greatest advocate.
And I am just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment