Monday, September 19, 2011

Psalm 27 (Expanded) 242

1 The LORD is my guiding light and my salvation-
He gives me revelation and discernment,
and I know My deliverance comes from Him alone-
   whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life— my impregnable fortress
   of whom shall I be afraid? No one nor anything
2 When the wicked advance against me
   to devour me, I am bold as a lion, but it is not my strength I trust, but God's only-
it is my enemies and my foes
   who will stumble and fall. God will arise and my enemies will be shattered
3 Though an army besiege me,
   my heart will not fear; it matters not how lopsided the odds might seem
though war break out against me,
my foes have not discerned the destruction that will overtake them,
which is why even then I will be confident.
4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
   this only do I seek, my heart and soul yearns for Him
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
   all the days of my life, this is the only place that I desire to be,
nothing else can compare, and I desire only to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
   and to seek him in his temple, where He,
my Bridegroom/Father/King waits for me
5 For in the day of trouble
   he will keep me safe in his dwelling,
for He knows every fibre of my being and all my thoughts-
my days are laid out before Him
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
   and set me high upon a rock where I am out of reach,
but can see the plans of the wicked shattered
6 Then my head will be exalted as the Lord rescues me
   From the enemies who had surrounded me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
   I will sing and make music to the LORD, He inhabits my praises
 7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD;
   be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, and all I desire is to “Seek his face!”
   Your face, LORD, I will seek, nothing has a higher priority in my life than to know You
9 Do not hide your face from me, I am seeking you and desire to gaze into your fiery eyes
   do not turn your servant away in anger;
your lovingkindness draws me to repentance
   you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
   God my Savior. I come to you openly,
there is no sin that remains hidden from You
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
   the LORD will receive me; your love is unconditional,
As I seek you I have no fear of rejection
11 Teach me your ways, LORD; for a man's ways lead only to death
   lead me in a straight path, the way of life, both here and in the age to come
   because of my oppressors, I ask for your truth that brings freedom.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
   for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations.
13 I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living, and in the age to come
14 Wait for the LORD; Have patience, His timing is perfect.
   be strong and take heart, keep your eyes fixed on Him alone
   and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27

No comments:

Post a Comment